Monday, May 9, 2011

Advice

Do you all read Joy the Baker? I learned about her from Ben's mom. Joy the Baker is a MASTER in the kitchen. I'm sure that every recipe she posts is amazing, but my absolute favorites are her Baked Curry Sweet Potato Fries and her Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread. UNREAL.

Turns out, she gives good, hilarious advice as well. Here is her advice for turning 21 (but I think it's good advice for anyone).

Some highlights:

"If your button up shirt is bulging at the boobs...wear another shirt."

"Chill out on the Facebook. Seriously. It's not real life."

"Look people in the eye and listen when they speak. Seriously. It's a nice touch. It's the opposite of Facebook."

I have taken Joy's lesson #4 to heart this year: "Learn how to sew something. Anything."

Here are two new throw pillow covers I made this weekend.

18"x18" throw pillow cover, Marimekko fabric

12"x20" throw pillow cover, Marimekko fabric

Go find some good advice in Joy's post too. Have a good week!

1 comment:

marie said...

i LOVE joy the baker! but i love you way more!
you are too cool.
i miss you.
you've inspired me to learn to properly sew sometime soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...