Monday, May 16, 2011

Home Improvement

Today was very exciting for two reasons: it was my first day of nursing school (!!!), and we FINALLY put the finishing touches one some of the home improvement things we've been doing around our apartment.  This weekend, my dad built us a L-shaped desk that is very simple and exactly what we have been needing for our very small workspace.  Here are some pics (no before pictures, unfortunately, and sorry about iPhone pics!):


We gave the desk (which is a simple but nice looking birch plywood) a few coats of semi-gloss poly.  I thought it would take forever to dry, but we were able to put three coats of this water-based coating on in one day.
Here is Andy's gear-filled side of the room.  I ordered the rug at West Elm and it was SO cheap compared to every other rug I've seen of similar quality.  Plus, I love the cheery color!  It's bright and summery and contrasts nicely with the grey walls.   


Here's my sad corner of the room...a few pictures and my medical terminology cheat sheet.  I'm still looking for a cheap but comfy desk chair.  Suggestions?!

Since I have only been working part time the last two weeks but haven't been in school, I was able to cross some other things off my to-do list, including this.  I'll have more to share later on this week!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

it looks great bubs! and i love the rug...good color pick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...