Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

For as long as I've known how to bake, my go-to cookie recipe has been an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from my mom's recipe box.  I finally tried this recipe that my sister has been raving about all year, and I think I have found a new favorite.  They are the perfect balance of sweet and salty, plus they are made with whole wheat flour.*  I like to keep them in the freezer - perfect for hot days (and for keeping me from eating too many at once :)

photo via Diary of a Locavore


You can find the recipe here, at Diary of a Locavore.

*Andy thought they were actually peanut butter cookies because of the texture they get from the flour. I still don't think he believes me that they are PB-free!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...