Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holidaze

Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of year, so it seems fitting that our very first blog post should fall in the midst of the holiday.

Although Liz and I keep in touch in many conventional ways (thanks, google chat!) one of our favorite things to do is share new blogs that we find.  I find that the office work environment is perfect for blog reading--whenever I need a quick 2-minute break, I hop over to one of my favorite sites to check for a new post.  I love reading about different projects that people are working on or new recipes they've tried.

This time of year I especially like reading about some of the homemade gifts that are all over the web.  Without any final exams this season, I had more time to test my craftsmanship for friends and family.  I didn't get as far as I would have liked, but my grandmother will be getting one of these calendars, made with cute seasonal paper I've had stashed in my desk for a while.  My sister, who loves to take long walks, will be getting a cowl along these lines to keep her warm.  Andy's family got a tin full of buckeyes and Russian snowballs, both of which were recommended by smitten kitchen.

Even though I only managed a few homemade gifts this year, I already have a running list of future gift ideas.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...