Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chasing the Food Trucks

When I used to think of street food I would imagine gross hot dogs, roasted peanuts that smell infinitely better than they taste, and soft serve ice cream. Not. Any. More. DC food trucks have completely revolutionized how I feel about street food.

The DC food trucks, which look like old US mail trucks donning fresh coats of paint and large food windows, serve almost everything, from pulled pork sandwiches to lobster rolls to slices of pie. They park themselves in different neighborhoods everyday, and as they arrive, you can watch people pour out of the surrounding office buildings to wait in line.

I know so many people who have become loyal to one food truck or another; they wait for days for the food truck to show up within a half-mile radius of their office and then they make the trek. On the website Foodtruckfiesta.com you can track the location of all DC food trucks. This website is frequented by 81,000 different people EVERY MONTH.

As for me, I am currently stalking the CapMac (The Capital of Macaroni) truck. I am prepared to wait in line for 30+ minutes for this baked ooey gooey Cheez-it topped meal served in a cardboard container.

(Via Capmacdc.com)

Do you guys have food trucks in the cities in which you live? Any particularly delicious ones?

2 comments:

Alissa said...

OH MY GOD. I want I want I want.

Unknown said...

um hello. prepared to stalk with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...