Friday, February 11, 2011

The Friday Find

Even though we are broke post-grads living in a rather unfortunate economy, Liz and I still make an effort to make our homes as cozy and nice as possible.  This week's Friday Find is all about craigslist, our go-to for cheap furniture.  Even though it takes some patience to sort through some of the junk, you can also find some great pieces for pretty cheap.  They might need some TLC along the way, too, but that's okay.  (We've done our share of DIY home-improvement, which we will post about in the warmer, more project-friendly months to come). 
I've been looking for a desk recently, and this one caught my eye.  $150 seems a bit pricey, but considering a brand new desk could cost upwards of $300 and this desk has a particularly unique look, I think it's a pretty good deal.

Liz found this awesome table on DC's craigslist.  The picture surely doesn't do it justice, but for just $120 (four chairs included!) that is a steal!

image 2206491149-0

Even when I'm not looking for anything in particular, I like to check craigslist regularly just to make sure I'm not missing out on something amazing. :)

P.S. For more about reupholstering furniture, check out Little Green Notebook.  She does it all herself!

P.P.S.  It's almost Valentine's Day...If you're looking for something tasty to make for someone you love (yourself included!), I would highly suggest going here or here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...