Monday, June 6, 2011

Home Improvement Part 2: Lampshades

Happy Monday!  I feel like I've barely come up for air since mid-may.  I've been in nursing school world - new faces, new concepts, and lots and lots of reading about bodily functions.  I decided to take this afternoon off from school and come up for air to share a little project I did recently during my home improvement spree.  I was inspired by this post, which I originally found over at Little Green Notebook (one of my favorite decorating/DIY blogs).  I actually liked the original fabric on the lampshade I used, so I chose to just add some simple trim.  The original trim was peeling off and starting to look pretty ratty.  Here are some pics of the process:

I used regular old fabric glue, which made the project quick, cheap, and easy. 

I probably could have done a neater job on the inside of the shade, but it ended up looking fine. 

Here's the outside edge.  The tape helps to keep it in place while the glue dries.
All in all, it was super quick and easy fix for a not-so-pretty lampshade.  I will definitely be trying this again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...