Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Sewing

I spent most of this rainy Sunday sewing. And I am super excited to show you the finished product: A dinosaur toiletry bag made with this pattern from Prudent Baby. It has soft flannel fabric on the outside and a waterproof green vinyl on the inside.


More details for those who may want to make this: While the original pattern calls for an oilcloth interior, I found a remnant of vinyl for $3 at a fabric store in Virginia, so I decided to go with that. Worked like a charm, and the interior is still waterproof. I also made this bag slightly smaller than the one in the original pattern (as recommended by Prudent Baby, using a 14" zipper and fabric squares of 14" x 12").

Next I'd like to try making this bag with a fun oilcloth, like this camera pattern oilcloth.

Enjoy the rest of your lazy Sunday :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is ADORABLE!
-Julie

Unknown said...

This is great Liz!

Chloe said...

I want one!!!

jschiller19 said...

gahhh i want one too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...