Saturday, February 25, 2012

One sad fridge

The status of my fridge is embarrassing. Yet here I am, showing you a picture.


We've got half of a banana, a few tablespoons of homemade salted caramel sauce, and four eggs. Really, really embarrassing. On the top shelf we have some coffee and in the bottom drawers a few beers, but that's about it.

But I wanted you to know that I have big plans. Tomorrow I will head to the farmers' market (and likely have to supplement my finds with our neighborhood grocery store), and I will come home with sweet potatoes and white beans and avocados and I will make these:

Via Healthy. Happy. Life.

And then I will need something sweet. So I will pull out some bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk and I will make this (no ice cream maker needed!):

Via Cup of Jo

And once I am done with the ice cream, I will pull out my new waffle maker (which I received today as a hand-me-down from a neighbor who is downsizing) and stock the freezer with these buckwheat, oatmeal, ginger power waffles for the week ahead.

Via 101 Cookbooks

And waffles are no good without coffee. Even though it's still chilly out, I might make a batch of iced coffee concentrate. According to The Pioneer Woman, her iced coffee concentrate makes the perfect iced coffee and lasts three to four weeks!

Via The Pioneer Woman

Don't worry, I'm not going to eat it all at once.

Happy weekend :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...