Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chix

For those of you who don't know, I (Liz) accomplished one of my New Years resolutions: I joined a gym. Tonight, I went to a great spinning class at the super-crowded-because-it's-post-New-Years-resolution-time gym near my house, and it happened to be Member Appreciation Day! My experience went a little like this:

Arrive for spinning 15 minutes early.

Get handed a bottle of coconut water for hydration.

Bike and sweat and listen to good music for 60 minutes.

Grab some delicious chicken, rice, and chickpea salad on my way out.

Member Appreciation Day is the BEST DAY EVER!

The point of this post, however, is not to brag. After all, I am paying way too much each month to run on a treadmill. What I really wanted to do was introduce all you DC folks to the great little restaurant that provided me with my delicious dinner. It is called Chix.


Located at 11th and U, Chix serves awesome Peruvian chicken as well as a Malbec for $4 during happy hour. Not to mention they support local business and are very eco-friendly. (They compost 90% of their waste!)

I recommend the Caribbean Curry Chicken Wrap and a side of the Chix Chick Salad (chick peas, green peppers, onions, & parsley).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...