Monday, January 17, 2011

What a Way to Start the Morning


I had an ooey, gooey, fluffy, nutty, best-oatmeal-I-ever-did-have kind of morning. And I owe it all to Kath, from Kath Eats Real Food. She has a whole Tribute to Oatmeal!! Today, I doctored her Whipped Banana Oatmeal recipe.

Whipped Banana Cinnamon Peanut Butter Oatmeal (a take on Kath's Whipped Banana Oatmeal)
You Will Need
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 large banana
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (a few sprinkles)

To Make Oatmeal
Boil milk in small saucepan.
Mash banana with a fork in small bowl (which you can later reuse as your oatmeal bowl)
When milk is boiling, pour oats and banana mush into milk.
Here is the most important part: For 4-5 minutes, whisk the banana oatmeal while it cooks on medium heat. By minute 4 or 5, it should become very creamy and fluffy.
Pour into bowl. Let sit for a minute or two.
Top with a pinch of cinnamon and a heaping spoonful of peanut butter.

Enjoy!

P.S. Next I'll be trying this whipped banana oatmeal with Nutella. YUM.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Today, inspired by this blog post, I put peanut butter in my oatmeal. Delicious!!!

Marie said...

ME TOO! And I used this recipe! This blog is too great.

See of Love said...

I know, PB in your oatmeal is not a natural go-to, but it is DELISH. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...