Sunday, January 9, 2011

Simple Sewing

Happy Sunday!  What have you been up to this weekend?  We've been having lazy mornings and productive afternoons in Portland.  I rediscovered my love of Grey's Anatomy, after a three year hiatus, and am getting wrapped up in the drama once more.  I've also justified my multiple-episode-mornings by convincing myself that watching medical dramas is one way of preparing to one day be a clinician myself (heh heh).  

Aside from catching up on the Izzie-George drama of Season 6, I also had a chance to take my brand new sewing machine for a test run.  I got this model for Christmas, and so far it is awesome!  My first project is a set of napkins (I'm starting slow here), and I've been using my all-time favorite sewing book for guidance:  Simple Sewing, by Lotta Jansdotter.  

Img_0903_large

All of her patterns are quick and easy, but also very cute and functional.  I love this gardening tote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...