Sunday, January 30, 2011

Two Exciting Things

This week I have worked long hours and slept very little. Last night I truly felt like a working woman when I got home from a long workday (yes, on a Saturday) and could not have been more excited for my night ahead: ordering take-out from the Thai place across the street and watching Sex and the City in my sweatpants.

Despite the long hours, I actually had a great week. Why, you may ask? Because I shook President Obama's hand on Friday! It is really more thrilling than I had imagined to shake the President's hand. And his hand is SO incredibly smooth! He must use lots of lotion.

In addition to meeting Mr. President, I am also excited for my afternoon today. My housemate Jenn and I are going to take a sewing class down the road. (I guess I'm following in Anna's footsteps on this one...)

(Via Bitsofthread.com)

We're going to the Bits of Thread studio for an intro to sewing class. I felt the need for a new hobby, and they have pretty reasonably priced classes. And if you get hooked, you can rent their sewing machines!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

shaking obama's hand=best moment of my life. thanks, Families!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...